Using a search engine interface this program searches a database of 6,000 food items and displays the accumulated calorie count for the selected items.
How the program works
The program is a simple executable. Just click the Calorie Calculator icon to run the program. This version of the program is capable of automatically inserting a start up link on the Windows pop-up Start Menu, the desktop, or the QuickLaunch Toolbar. Choose the Help menu at the top of the program screen.
Version 1.0 includes a database with the calorie count and weights and measures for 6,000 food items, and more items can be added using the editor.
You can comment on this software at email@example.com
1. Calorie Calculator contains a database of over 6,000 food items.
2. Enter one or more search terms into the Search text box in the upper left corner of the window. Press the ENTER key or the Search button.
3. To return fewer results that match all your search terms check the box beneath the search text box. To also return items that match only some of your search terms leave the box unchecked.
4. You can use the minus sign to eliminate results containing certain words. Example 'peanut butter -cookie' will reject all entries containing the word 'cookie'. The minus sign must be the first letter in the word you are screening for, and must be preceded by a space or the program will consider it to be a hyphen.
5 The items matching your search terms will appear in the window below the search box. Click an item to select it.
6. When the Portion screen appears choose either a percentage or a multiplier to specify the portion size. You can also enter a gram weight into the Gram Text Box. Press the ACCEPT button when you have specified the portion size.
7. The calorie count and portion information for the selected item will then appear in the text area in the upper right corner of the screen. The accumulated items for the calorie count will appear in the text area on the bottom right.
8. You can highlight items in the accumulated calorie counter box, and press DELETE to remove them from the list. CLEAR removes all items. You can SAVE the list of selected items to a text file using the SAVE button.
9. You can expand the database by pressing the Edit button and following the on screen instructions. You can Import a friends additions using the IMPORT button
Calorie Calculator Software Download
The program can be downloaded by using the right mouse button and right clicking on the link and from the pop up menu choosing 'save link as' (Netscape) or 'save target as' (Internet Explorer) to save the file to your hard drive. (If your browser has a plug in to deal with zip files you can simply 'left click' on the link and save the file that way.) If you need a simple two step Zip program, visit my Easy Zip File software page.
Download the program by clicking on this link -> calcalc.zip (646 KB).
For future versions of this program, or any other programs that might be posted in the future, visit http://www.awitness.org/software/index.html ...